Classic Boat Festival 2018
In association with Totally Thames 2018, the Classic Boat Festival is a celebration of beautiful vintage boats taking place on the weekend of 7th – 9th September. This year’s festival will be bigger and better than ever before.
In addition to over 40 vintage sailing and motor boats to view and explore, St Katharine Docks has an exciting programme of events and internationally inspired food and drink offerings to try. Expect waterside activities plus an array of nautical stalls and children’s activities at this annual fun day for the entire family.
See below for some of the highlights of this years festival (with more to be announced very soon):
- Lady Daphne River Tours: Enjoy a tour of the Thames unlike any other, aboard our Thames Sailing Barge Lady Daphne. Each trip will see two lifts of Tower Bridge – letting you sail straight underneath London’s most famous landmark! Tickets cost £22 for adults, and £15 for children (a very special festival rate) and can be purchased online.
- Moo Canoes: Enjoy a free kayaking taster session, with the team from Moo Canoes all within the safety of the marina.
- The Whale Company: After hosting the closing ceremony of their most recent expedition, paddling the length of the River Thames, we’re pleased to welcome The Whale Company back to St. Katharine Docks. Join their Bottle Board workshops and help them to build a Stand-Up Paddleboard out of Plastic Bottles (Sat & Sun only).
- Sharky & George: S&G were a big hit last year and we’re excited to welcome them back with a host of themed activities and games which all celebrate our 190-year history. Join in the fun as we hunt for 9 of the luxury imports which once came in through the Docks for your chance to win a prize (Sat & Sun only).
- MYO: Hosting free workshops including coaster weaving, lino cutting and printing on tea towels (Sat & Sun only)
- National Youth Jazz Orchestra: Enjoy music from this amazing jazz orchestra (Sun 9th only)
This event is part of Totally Thames 2018 that runs from 1-30 September.