In 2015, Sant Carles marina in Spain introduced an annual marina open day to attract the public, and to better integrate with the local town and its businesses. The event was a huge success for all concerned and was quickly adopted by the rest of the marinas in Catalonia. In 2017 the event was adopted by the whole of Spain and, since last year, it is now firmly established in the annual UK calendar as well.
Following last year's success, Marina Day returns to St. Katharine Docks on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 June 2019.
Visit our Event Pontoon, moored in the Centre Basin for two days worth of activity including the following:
- Test your skills in driving a Rigid Inflatable Boat (RIB) by the team from Blue Lamp Afloat RYA sea school.
- Immerse yourself in a Virtual Reality Sailing Experience, the closest you can experience to the real thing.
- Learn how to recover people from the water by the RNLI members.
- Check whether your lifejackets are serviceable.
- Meet the St. Katharine Docks Marina Team.
- Enjoy lunch from Friday's food market and eat your food next to the water.
Admission to all activities is free of charge.
We look forward to seeing you there.