Spend your Summer at St. Katharine Docks
Londoners have a whole host of reasons to head down to St. Katharine Docks this summer, as Central London’s only marina comes alive with an exciting programme of events.
The schedule guarantees something for everyone including the return of the popular floating film festival, water zorbing in the marina (yes, really!) and a giant screen dedicated to showing the best of the summer’s sporting highlights.
The picturesque Docks is also a natural location for the summer’s best Thames and boating-related events. St Kats will host the renowned boat show London On Water and once again be a major focal point for the Totally Thames Festival. There will also be a wide range of fun activities to support For Fish’s Sake, which aims to raise awareness of plastic pollution in the Thames.
Feel Good Fridays at the Docks will also be a magnet for everyone looking to kick back and relax after a busy week, with live music and some of the capital’s best street food.
Summer at St. Kats will be kicking off on the 2nd June and will run up until 29th September.
- Summer at St. Kats launch – St. Katharine Docks is kicking off its summer events programme in style, with a launch on Friday 2nd June, where participants are able to gain their passport to summer at St Kats! There will be live music, delicious street food from the World Food Market and giveaways.
- London on Water – London on Water, London’s No.1 floating yachting and boating festival, will be hosted at St. Katharine Docks 8th -11th June. The four day free event will showcase the top yachts and boats available, from luxury yachts to RIBs, and there will also be a ‘Mariner’s Retail Village’ selling everything from speciality clothing to unique gifts, perfect for nautical devotees. This year for the first time the Docks will also be screening the Americas Cup races from Bermuda on a large outdoor screen on Marble Quay.
- Art Night – St. Katharine Docks’ very own White Mulberries will be transformed into the bar of The Egg Eating Egret as part of renowned free contemporary arts festival, Art Night, which transforms London’s public spaces, secret venues and landmarks on 1st July. This year’s focus on the East End is in collaboration with the Whitechapel Gallery and independent curator Fatos Ustek.
- Summer Sports Screenings – The Docks is ensuring you catch the best of this summer’s sporting events by hosting a big screen between 3rd July – 13th August on the Floating Pontoon with screenings including Wimbledon and the World Athletics Championships. Complete with deckchairs to sit back and relax in whilst watching the games and a host of places to buy food and drink, there’s no better place to watch sport this summer.
- Floating Film Fortnight - The docks will be hosting a fortnight film festival on its floating pontoon 17th-30th July, screening the very best modern classics that cinema has to offer. Films will include Mean Girls, Skyfall, La La Land as well as Finding Dory and The Lego Batman Movie. Guests are invited to sit on bean bags and deckchairs and enjoy the films with snacks, cool craft beer and cocktails. Tickets will cost £10 and will be available from YPlan shortly.
- Zorbing For Fish’s Sake – Teaming up with Hubbub, St. Katharine Docks will be hosting a fun day of zorbing on 3rd August, where visitors can go for a zorb or else learn about this fantastic campaign which is aiming to encourage London’s residents, commuters and tourists to stem the flow of litter into the River Thames #FFSLDN.
- Classic Boats Festival - St. Katharine Docks will again provide its annual fun day for the entire family, by holding the Classic Boats Festival in association with Totally Thames Festival, a celebration of beautiful classic boats, alongside a range of waterside attractions on 9th – 10th September, 11am – 5pm. There will be live music family entertainment and open boat tours as well as classic street food.
- Feel Good Fridays – Kicking off the September weekends in the right way, the Docks will be hosting Feel Good Fridays on 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th September with each Friday focusing on a different genre of live music, in association with DiscMuseum, complemented by the weekly World Food Market which will be serving up everyone’s favourite street food.
We look forward to spending what promises to be a fantastic summer with you.