If, like most of us, you’re currently holed up in isolation, keep your spirits high (and your bellies full) with a dose of home-cooking. This doesn’t mean hours stressing over a hot-stove, as our first recipe from the team at Natural Kitchen proves.
Expect to see more recipes from our favourite Docks restaurants in the coming weeks!
𝗩𝗲𝗴𝗮𝗻 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗠𝘂𝘀𝗵𝗿𝗼𝗼𝗺 𝗦𝗽𝗮𝗴𝗵𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶
Serves 6 people
• 125g white onion finely chopped
• 15g chilli finely chopped
• 25g garlic finely chopped (approx 3 cloves)
• 3g fresh thyme finely chopped (dried would work just as well)
• 4g fresh rosemary finely chopped (dried would work just as well)
• 100g diced celery
• 2 carrots grated or thin ribbons
• 250g diced mushrooms
• 125g dry wild mushrooms (soak in half a pint of hot water for 20 mins before using) 𝗸𝗲𝗲𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿
• 75g tomato puree
• 750g diced tomato
• 250g lentils
• Vegan pasta
• Olive oil
• Sea salt flakes to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook the lentils for around 10 minutes (half cooked) then set aside to cool
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan adding the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, Cup mushrooms (not the wild that are soaking), thyme and rosemary
3. Simmer and stir until they have softened and then add the tomato puree and chopped tomato. Cook for a further 10 minutes.
4. Then add the chopped wild mushrooms. Cook for another 10 minutes.
5. Add the cooked lentils, grated or ribboned carrot and liquid from the Dried wild mushrooms.
6. Check the seasoning and bring to boil
7. Prepare your vegan pasta and then add to the mushroom bolognese mix.